DIFFICULTY: Easy 30 Minutes
Recipe from Olive.
1. Mix the burger sauce ingredients together. If you have time, leave the sauce ingredients for a few hours or even make it the day before.
2. To make the sweet and sour onions, mix the vinegar and sugar in a bowl and toss the sliced onions in it. Stir now and again while you make the burgers.
3. (*Skip this step if you're not makeing the burgers*) Put the mince in a bowl. Grate the onion on the course side of a box grater.The tougher outer layers will refuse to grate, so just discard these. You just want the grated purée. Add the grated onion to the mince bowl along with a splash of Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, and chilli flakes. Mix everything with your hands and divide into 8 equal portions.
4. Flatten each portion into a very thin patty.They will spring back on the grill so make them much thinner than you think you should.
5. Heat a gas grill to high or heat coals in a charcoal grill until they glow bright orange and ash over. Brush the burgers with a little oil. Grill the burgers until golden brown and slightly charred on the first side then about 2-3 minutes each side, or cooked to your preference. Don't forget to add the cheese before the burger is finished cooking to allow the cheese time to melt.
6. Put some sauce on each bun base. Add lettuce and a couple of slices of tomato. Stack up 2 patties with cheese, then add sauce, the onions and gherkins. Add more sauce, the bun tops and skewer each to hold it together.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."