DIFFICULTY: SUPER EASY
2 HOURS 15 MINUTES
Recipe from jamieoliver.com.
1. Start by prepping all your veg: peel and finely chop the onions, garlic and carrots, trim and finely slice the celery, then peel, deseed and finely chop the squash. Finely slice the bacon.
2. Heat the oil in a very large casserole pan over a medium-low heat, add the bacon, followed by the onion, garlic, carrot, celery and squash and cook gently for about 15 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add the mince, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Turn the heat up, pour in the wine and leave to bubble and cook away for a few minutes, then tip in the tomatoes and 2 tins' worth of water. Drop in the rosemary sprigs and bay leaf, and season with sea salt and black pepper.
5. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 1½ hours. After this time, if the ragù is still quite liquidy, remove the lid, turn the heat up and simmer for a few more minutes, or until thickened and reduced.
6. Eat straight away, or if you’re making this ahead of time, allow to cool, then divide between containers or plastic freezer bags.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."