DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 3 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas mark 5.
2. Pour the oil into an oven proof dish and place the dish into the pre-heated oven for approx. 5 mins - until the oil is really hot.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl, add the flour, milk and a little salt and whisk until the mixture is a smooth batter.
4. Once the oil is hot, take the dish out of the oven. Pour the batter into the dish and then place the pork sausages into the batter – spacing them out evenly in the dish. Place the dish back into the oven to cook for approx. 20-25 mins – until the Yorkshire pudding has risen and is a nice golden colour.
5. Place the potatoes into a pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for approx. 15 mins until the potatoes are cooked and ready to mash.
6. Place the kale into a pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for approx. 5 mins until the kale is cooked. Drain before serving.
7. Pour the gravy into a pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer. Add the red currant jelly and stir until all the jelly has dissolved.
8. Drain the potatoes, add the butter, a splash of milk, season to taste and mash until nice and creamy.
9. To serve – place the toad-in-the-hole on a plate with the mash and kale to one side and pour over the gravy.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."