DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 5 30 mins
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
2. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Season the pork fillets, place in the pan and seal for 2-3 mins until all sides are browned.
3. Place the fillets on a tray on the middle shelf of the oven for 8-10 mins. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest. The pork should be slightly blush and juicy, not dry and tough.
4. Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the basmati rice. Cook for 15-20 mins until the rice is tender then drain.
5. To make the mojo sauce, soften the garlic in a small pan with a little olive oil over a medium-low heat. Add the cumin seeds and cook until fragrant and they start to pop a little. Stir in the oregano, cook for 1-2 mins then add the orange and lime juice.
6. Increase the heat to a simmer and stir to combine the flavours. Cook for a further 3-4 mins to reduce the liquid then remove from the heat. The mojo sauce should not be too runny.
7. Toast the cashew nuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3-4 mins. Keep tossing them around the pan to make sure they don’t burn. Once toasted, coarsely crush the nuts with a pestle & mortar or wrap in cling film and use a rolling pin.
8. Combine the parsley and half the coriander with the rice, add a dash of oil and season with salt & black pepper. Mix in the spring onions.
9. To serve, slice each pork fillet into three or four medallions. Place the green basmati rice in a bowl and place the medallions on top. Spoon over the mojo sauce and finish with the toasted cashew nuts and remaining coriander.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."