DIFFICULTY: 3 out of 5 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas mark 3.
2. Put a heavy bottomed frying pan or griddle on a high heat. Add 2 tsp oil. Once the pan / oil has heated up, chargrill the aubergines for 5 mins. Set aside.
3. Put a medium pan on a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp oil.
4. Add the onion to the pan and cook / stir for 3-4 mins – until translucent.
5. Add the all spice and lamb mince and cook for 4-5 mins. Add the tomatoes, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks and cook for another 10 mins. Stir occasionally.
6. Meanwhile, put a small pan on a medium heat. Add the cream and keep stirring until boiling. Then add the cheese and continue stirring until melted. Season with a little salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
7. Now get an ovenproof dish. Add half of lamb mixture. Layer half of aubergines on top. Add rest of lamb mixture and then rest of aubergines.
8. Mix the egg yolks into the cream / cheese mixture then pour on top of the aubergines. Put the oven proof dish in the oven for 10 mins.
9. Meanwhile, make the salad by tossing the carrot, salad leaves, mint, lime juice, 2 tbsp oil and 2 tbsp water in a bowl.
10. To serve place the oven proof dish on a mat, put some salad and bread on a plate and spoon on the moussaka.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."
Hinchliffe’s Farm, Netherton Moor Road, Netherton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD4 7LE
Farm Shop opening times: Monday to Saturday: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sunday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
The Rusty Bull opening times: Sunday to Thursday: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Friday and Saturday: 9.00am to Late