DIFFICULTY: 4 out of 5 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
2. Place the lamb mince in a bowl. Add the parsley, oregano and season with salt & black pepper. Grate or finely dice half the (a whole) red onion and add to the lamb mixture.
3. Zest the lemon and put the zest to one side (used later). Squeeze half the (all the) lemon juice to taste into the lamb mix, add the egg and mix well. Add the breadcrumbs gradually until the mixture holds together well enough to form patties.
4. Split the mixture into four (eight) balls and using your hands form each ball into a rough burger shape.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan and seal the patties for 1-2 mins until browned on both sides then place on a tray on the middle shelf of the oven.
6. Place the courgette batons in a bowl with the lemon zest, a dash of oil and season with salt & black pepper. Mix well so all the batons are coated. Then place on a tray on the top shelf of the oven.
7. Grate the cucumber into a sieve over a bowl and sprinkle liberally with salt.
8. While the cucumber is relaxing, finely dice the remaining half a (whole) red onion and mix with the tomato. Add a dash of oil and season.
9. Combine the skyr with the cucumber and stir in the mint.
10. To serve, place the roasted courgette on a plate, then the lamb bifteki then top with the tzatziki dressing with the tomato and red onion salad on the side.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."
Hinchliffe’s Farm, Netherton Moor Road, Netherton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD4 7LE
Farm Shop opening times: Monday to Saturday: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Sunday: 10.00am to 4.00pm
The Rusty Bull opening times: Sunday to Thursday: 9.00am to 5.30pm, Friday and Saturday: 9.00am to Late