DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 5 30 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/fan 150°C/gas mark 3.
2. Put the sweet potato wedges on an oven proof tray, rub with oil and sprinkle with chai seeds. Put in the oven until cooked - approx. 30mins. Turn once whilst cooking.
3. Put a heavy bottomed frying pan or griddle on a medium heat. Add 2 tbsp oil.
4. Sear the fat on the gammon steaks until golden then seal both sides of the steaks and place them on an oven proof dish. This should take approx. 5 mins.
5. Spoon the beetroot & orange relish over the steaks and then top with the Yorkshire Wensleydale cheese.
6. Put the oven proof dish in the oven and cook for 8-10 mins.
7. Take the gammon steaks out of the oven and allow to rest for approx. 5 mins
8. Put the baby spinach in a pan, drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Add the ground nutmeg. Heat and stir gently until wilted.
9. To serve – put the gammon steak on a plate with the sweet potato wedges and wilted spinach by the side.
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."