DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 5 20 mins
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 4-5 mins until softened.
2. Bring a medium-sized pan of water to the boil ready for the poached eggs.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle pan (a heavy bottomed frying pan is fine) until the pan starts to smoke.
4. ”Chargrill” the ciabatta halves in the skillet for 1-2 mins each side. Remove the ciabatta. Reduce the heat.
5. Add the creme fraiche to the leeks, stir, season with black pepper and reduce the heat to low.
6. Add the streaky bacon to the skillet and cook for 2-3 mins each side, or until crispy.
7. Reduce the boiling water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into the pan and poach for 3 mins (longer if you don’t like a runny yolk).
8. To serve, place the chargrilled ciabatta on a plate, top with the creamed leek. Place a poached egg on top and garnish with the crispy bacon.
9. Got the kettle on? There’s Grumpy Mule ground coffee, Taylors Yorkshire Gold tea and Carr House Farm fresh apple juice to savour!
A high specification redevelopment of an existing Farm Shop, Restaurant & Butchery. Following a fire which devastated the original premises, and to
replace current temporary buildings - the scheme will both restore and greatly improve on these previous facilities.
Part funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."
Hinchliffe’s Farm, Netherton Moor Road, Netherton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD4 7LE
Tel: 01484 661231 / Email: email@example.com
Farm Shop opening times: Mon-Sat 9:00am - 5:30pm, Sun 10:00am - 4:00pm
The Rusty Bull opening times: Mon-Sat 9:00am - 5:00pm, Sun 9:00am - 5:00pm