DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 3 35 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/gas mark 5.
2. Pour the oil into an oven proof dish and place the dish into the pre-heated oven for approx. 5 mins - until the oil is really hot.
3. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a bowl, add the flour, milk and a little salt and whisk until the mixture is a smooth batter.
4. Once the oil is hot, take the dish out of the oven. Pour the batter into the dish and then place the pork sausages into the batter – spacing them out evenly in the dish. Place the dish back into the oven to cook for approx. 20-25 mins – until the Yorkshire pudding has risen and is a nice golden colour.
5. Place the potatoes into a pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for approx. 15 mins until the potatoes are cooked and ready to mash.
6. Place the kale into a pan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for approx. 5 mins until the kale is cooked. Drain before serving.
7. Pour the gravy into a pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer. Add the red currant jelly and stir until all the jelly has dissolved.
8. Drain the potatoes, add the butter, a splash of milk, season to taste and mash until nice and creamy.
9. To serve – place the toad-in-the-hole on a plate with the mash and kale to one side and pour over the gravy.