DIFFICULTY: 2 out of 5 20 mins
1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and garlic and cook for 4-5 mins until softened.
2. Bring a medium-sized pan of water to the boil ready for the poached eggs.
3. Heat a skillet or griddle pan (a heavy bottomed frying pan is fine) until the pan starts to smoke.
4. ”Chargrill” the ciabatta halves in the skillet for 1-2 mins each side. Remove the ciabatta. Reduce the heat.
5. Add the creme fraiche to the leeks, stir, season with black pepper and reduce the heat to low.
6. Add the streaky bacon to the skillet and cook for 2-3 mins each side, or until crispy.
7. Reduce the boiling water to a simmer. Crack the eggs into the pan and poach for 3 mins (longer if you don’t like a runny yolk).
8. To serve, place the chargrilled ciabatta on a plate, top with the creamed leek. Place a poached egg on top and garnish with the crispy bacon.
9. Got the kettle on? There’s Grumpy Mule ground coffee, Taylors Yorkshire Gold tea and Carr House Farm fresh apple juice to savour!