DIFFICULTY: 4 out of 5 40 mins
1. For the risotto, bring the beetroot to the boil in a saucepan with half the stock then
2. Heat 1 (2) tbsp of olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallot, garlic and thyme leaves. Cook gently for 2-3 mins until softened.
3. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the grains. Stir for another 1-2 mins until the grains begin to look translucent.
4. Add the white wine vinegar to the pan and allow it to bubble up and reduce slightly
5. Add the mushrooms and a ladleful of the remaining stock. Stir until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
6. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition as the liquid is absorbed.
7. When you have used all the stock, start adding the simmering beetroot stock (including the beetroot pieces) in the same way. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer.
8. Cook until the rice grains are tender but retain some bite. You may not need to use all of the beetroot stock.
9. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to a medium high heat. Make the gremolata by mixing together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and garlic.
10. Grill the cod for 3-4 mins on one side. Turn the cod over, sprinkle the gremolata on top, drizzle with a little olive oil and grill for a further 3-4 mins until cooked to your liking and the topping is golden.
11. When the risotto is cooked, remove from the heat, stir in the soft cheese and season to taste.
12. Serve the cod on a bed of risotto with the crumbled Wensleydale on top. Garnish with any leftover thyme.
"We visit often for coffee and cake, it's perfect for us as it's local and they have a great selection of cakes..."
"I have visited the farm shop a few times and the restaurant is a great place for a lunch meet up with friends..."
"Had a great evening out with some friends at a special steak night.lovely service and food. We can highly recommend"
"Love Hinchliffe's, been visiting for years and it never let's me down :-) lovely food, friendly staff, and good value..."
"I don't live in the UK and a visit to Hinchcliffes is a 'must do' tradition whenever we head back to Yorkshire..."
Had a lovely time today with my partner at Hinchliffes, We both had a rump steak and really enjoyed it.."
"Wonderful views over Castle Hill and Netherton. Fabulous farm food at reasonable prices..."
"Lovely food, friendly staff and fast service. I enjoyed my business lunch there and look forward to returning."
"A large choice of foods AND A GREAT BUTCHERS. The pork pies are "to die for". All foods are excellent..."
"Lovely food in the cafe. Staff in the shop very helpful and friendly. The main attraction is the butchers..."